What is the best way to maintain the life of my wood floor?
There are several steps you can take to help maintain your wood floor besides regular maintenance with Arboritec’s Wood Floor Cleaner.
- Keep dust and sand off of floors through frequent dust mopping.
- Use a walk-off matt within your home to help collect any dirt, debris, moisture or other abrasive substances that can damage your floor.
- Keep liquid off the floor as much as possible.
- Use felt protectors on furniture to reduce scratching or gouging.
- Keep nails of larger pets trimmed to prevent scratches to the wood
- Remove shoes with spiked or damaged heels before walking on the floor. Even slight individuals can cause over 1,000 pounds of dynamic load per square inch due to the highly compressed force they exert on the floor.
- Protect the floor when moving heavy appliances or furniture. Never slide heavy objects directly across a wood floor.
- Keep the room temperature and humidity controlled year round.
- When necessary, refinish your floor using Arboritec’s line of waterborne, ceramic-fortified wood floor finishes.
Are your products also available in retail stores?
Our wood floor products are available through an increasing number of specialty flooring stores but are available for your added convenience through this site.
Our product is available in many stores where Kährs fine wood floors are sold. Kährs is one of the oldest flooring manufacturers in the world, as well as one of the most innovative. Kährs elected to use, recommend, and carry our wood floor cleaner products to maintain the beauty of their wood floors. Though a special arrangement, Arboritec wood floor cleaners are currently bottled under the Kährs brand. This collaboration continues Kährs and Arboritec’s tradition of introducing groundbreaking wood flooring technologies to the world.
Why should I not just clean my floor with soap and water?
Water prematurely ages hardwood floors causing cracks and splits. We recommend using Arboritec Floor Cleaners and our microfiber mop for the best results.
Can I not just use vinegar and water to clean my floor?
Cleaning with vinegar and water is somewhat of an old wives tale. When cleaning with vinegar and water, home owners tend to use too much water and the acidity of the vinegar deteriorates the floor’s finish over time. Vinegar and water also does not rinse cleanly and tends to leave a residue.
How do I remove stubborn stains from my wood flooring?
Use a microfiber cloth and spray the area directly with Arboritec wood floor cleaner, let it sit for 30 seconds to soften the stain, then wipe with the microfiber cloth. Never pour the cleaner directly on your wood floor.
I’ve submitted an order online, how long will it take for my product to reach me?
Arboritec generally ships using FedEx and orders received prior to 2 PM MST go out on the same day. A good, general rule of thumb is that your product should arrive within 3 business days of when it is ordered.
The answer to my question is not listed here, how can I get an answer?You can contact us directly for answers to your wood floor care questions by using our customer care form.
- Posted by Chris Sparks on January 30, 2015
- Posted by Chris Sparks on November 26, 2013
- Posted by Chris Sparks on October 10, 2013
- Posted by Chris Sparks on July 27, 2013
- Posted by Chris Sparks on April 13, 2013